Tour Service

* Comfort, Safety, the Quality of Experience, and the Spirit of Adventure! After all, "Time is Money" *

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Orange is my Color



You got to have a gimmick. 

When I started I didn’t have a gimmick and I was not going to carry a flag, a light saber, or an umbrella. Yes, I have an umbrella in case it rains and yes, it is orange. 

Before I began touring, I worked for a wholesales apparel company and one season, orange was a color projection so we received a number of apparel samples in orange. 

It has made for some very interesting comments over the years. 

A couple of years ago, this 14 year old boy asked, “Mr. Sean, how many orange polos do you have?” First I said to the young man, “how do you know I changed my shirt?” Then followed, “I have enough so that I don’t have to do laundry while you’re in town.” 

My neighbors have followed my career since the beginning. At the mailbox those first years, a neighbor would see me in orange and say, “you worked today.” Now, over fifteen years later they say, “gosh, you work all the time.” 

It is funny how my coworkers perceive my obsession. I showed up for a non-work function as a civilian, a coworker asked, “where is your orange?” 

Every time on tour I would wear orange in that first season, someone in my group would come up to me and say, “I thought I lost you and then I saw your orange jacket.” After the third time, orange became my thing. 

Welcome to One Token Tours... 


No comments:

Post a Comment