Tour Service

* Comfort, Safety, the Quality of Experience, and the Spirit of Adventure! After all, "Time is Money" *

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Eye of the Beholder, Hiring a Private Guide


In the age of branding where “it takes a village,” and where few people accept change immediately, I Googled my name and found a Satan worshiper who killed his mother and stepfather. This whole time I thought Sean Sellers a pretty unique name, and it is; however, building a tour business from scratch I needed a new name.

One Token Tours came about in 2004 as New Yorkers were being weaned from the beloved, yet a little cumbersome Subway token to the new ‘Metrocard.’ People were up in arms as a part of the City’s history was being dissolved. Now fully transitioned in 2011 we find our pockets a little lighter.

Googling again I decided to type into my web browser “Why Hire A Guide” and I found several global villagers, travel writers, out there with some pretty sound advice.

- James Patterson from TravelSavvyMom.com writes:

4 reasons to hire a guide on your next family vacation

- You will see more

- You won't have to drive

- You’ll avoid unnecessary stress

- You will be entertained

I was surprised to see the number of stories from world travelers who said they would never spend the money but changed their tune because the VALUE of hiring a guide for only a couple of hours can make the biggest of differences in the overall experience.

- Mark Kahler form About.com, “They are budget travelers in search of value and an authentic, memorable experience.”

- Molly Feltner of ‘SmartTravel,’ “As I traveled more, I learned that while you don't need a guide for everything, hiring one, even if only for a few hours, can mean the difference between really understanding a place and having a visually interesting but ultimately superficial travel experience. Also, not all guided experiences involve name tags and tour buses, or a lot of money.”

Help me spread the word, One Token Tours, of the East Village, a ‘Metrocard’ carrying, DCA licensed local guide is excited to show you New York City!

No comments:

Post a Comment